Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL7 – Sagan Collection Bike
- These exclusive bikes are available for pre-order only at your local Specialized retailer.
- Aero is everything”—we’ve been preaching it for years and it’s still the driving force for the new Tarmac. In our quest for tube shapes that deliver the fastest frame that the UCI rules allow, we took a page out of the Venge development book and utilized our FreeFoil Shape Library. Armed with a library of optimized shapes, we turned to the Win Tunnel to plug these shapes into a modular test bike, for more testing and validation. The result? A new Tarmac that’s the fastest we’ve tested—45 seconds faster over 40km than the Tarmac SL6. No compromises, just pure speed.
- While aerodynamics were paramount to the Tarmac’s development, and to the development of all of our race bikes, weight was the co-pilot on this optimal race bike journey. Previously “aero bikes” always compromised in the weight department—the more drag you reduced, the more weight you gained. With the new Tarmac, our design philosophy was to keep it at, or below, the UCI weight limit out of the box, with no sacrifices to aerodynamics. And with the help of the FreeFoil Shape Library, tools like isotopic FEA analysis, and some engineering wizardry by the best engineers in the industry, we delivered a frame that weighs a mere 800 grams, without giving up a gram of aero, stiffness or ride quality.
- Continuing our quest to develop the perfect race bike, we used our Rider-First Engineered™ philosophy to ensure that the new Tarmac is the most balanced, best handling Tarmac yet—no matter the size. With an army of the world’s best test riders from our three World Tour Teams — Boels-Dolmans, Deceuninck-Quick-Step, and Bora-hansgrohe — we made changes to the Tarmac based on their thousands of kilometers on the road. We balanced the ride quality between the front and rear end, so even the longest days in the saddle continue to be comfortable—all without giving up anything to the Tarmac’s legendary handling and race-winning snappiness.
- Building on the learnings from the Venge, the new Tarmac utilizes simple integration to create a clean, fast cockpit that’s easy to live with. We’ve improved the routing for any configuration — mechanical shifting, traditional stems, round bars, etc. — all while keeping its aerodynamic attributes. These same traits also make the new Tarmac easy to work on and easy to travel with. It’s a win-win.
|FRAME||S-Works Tarmac SL7 FACT 12r Carbon, Rider First Engineered™, Win Tunnel Engineered, Clean Routing, Threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|FORK||S-Works FACT Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|HANDLEBARS||S-Works Aerofly II|
|STEM||Tarmac integrated stem, 6-degree|
|SADDLE||S-Works Romin Evo, Sagan LTD|
|SEATPOST||2021 S-Works Tarmac Carbon seat post, FACT Carbon, Di2 Compatible, 20mm offset|
|SEAT BINDER||Tarmac integrated wedge|
|FRONT BRAKE||Shimano Dura-Ace R9170, hydraulic disc|
|REAR BRAKE||Shimano Dura-Ace R9170, hydraulic disc|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 Disc R9170|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150, braze-on|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150, 11-speed|
|CASSETTE||Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, 11-speed, 11-30t|
|CRANKSET||Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, HollowTech 2, 11-speed, Dual-sided Power meter|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||68mm threaded, CeramicSpeed bearings|
|CHAIN||Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-speed|
WHEELS & TIRES
|FRONT WHEEL||Roval Rapide CLX, 21mm internal width carbon rim, 51mm depth, Win Tunnel Engineered, Roval AFD hub, 18h, DT Swiss Aerolite spokes|
|REAR WHEEL||Roval Rapide CLX, 21mm internal width carbon rim, 60mm depth, Win Tunnel Engineered, Roval AFD hub, 24h, DT Swiss Aerolite spokes|
|FRONT TIRE||Turbo Cotton – Black Sidewall, 320 TPI, 700x26mm|
|REAR TIRE||Turbo Cotton – Black Sidewall, 320 TPI, 700x26mm|
|INNER TUBES||Turbo Ultralight, 60mm Presta valve|
|SWAT||Integrated cycle computer mount|
specialized tarmac sl7 expert 2022